HOW I DEAL WITH OVERTHINKING

Are you an overthinker just like me? Do you have these phases in your life wherein you tend to make things complicated? Like making things worse to the point that you're hurting yourself because of thinking too much. Here's some of my ways on dealing with overthinking. 

1. DISTRACT YOUR MIND. Whatever it is, find a way to distract your mind from overthinking. Do some chores at home, watch your fave movie or funny shows (I prefer Korean Variety shows like Running Man) it always makes me laugh out loud, read your favourite book or draw/paint (even if you are not a pro, just express how you feel) or make some crafts. Actually there are a lot more I couldn't name it all. 

2. WRITE. If you want to let all your thoughts without being judged, just write it down. Write how you feel, what makes you overthink, what goes into your mind right now or anything you want to write. Even if it is a word or a phrase, write it. It helps me sometimes, I just write random things and then suddenly I felt better. It's like a magic actually. 

3. EAT/DRINK YOUR FAVES. I don't know but this actually works for me whenever I feel like I am thinking too much. I want to calm my mind, I just go and have my fave drink (coffee, milktea or sometimes tea)  or buy some food I badly want to eat (usually I prefer some sweets like chocolates or bread) it makes me feel good honestly, maybe because I am just hungry? But it's a good way to deal with that mind tho.

4.EXERCISE OR GO FOR A WALK. I just started working out lately and it actually changed my life. Not that I am not overthinking anymore but I am better at handling this mind now because it changed my lifestyle unlike before. I always get a clear and satisfied mind whenever I finished my workout sessions. It's a must try. Or if you don't really like working out, just go for a stroll even if it is around your house or your neighborhood. It can calm your mind.

5.PRAY. Yes, you saw it right. I know some of you might think this doesn't work but hey, it takes a good faith to make it work you know. Just trust in Him. Whenever I overthink and I feel like I want to breakdown, I really talk to him even in random situations. I just talk to him inside my head like, "Please Lord, help me get through this" that simple phrase is way to talk or pray to God. Because I have this feeling inside me that He will not make me feel all these things without any reason. That is why I tell all my worries to Him and then boom! My head and my heart is light like a feather. 

And of course, if you use too much social medias like me, just try to avoid contents or posts that might trigger your mind to overthink. Try to follow some creators who makes a good example or any influencers with good or positive approach. Watch videos or any posts that is inspiring or motivating your mind to do well. Avoid toxicity and drama, blocked those accounts that makes you feel uncomfortable or you know that could be toxic to your feed, your mental health is your priority so don't mind their opinion about it. 

You got this. Fighting! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

YOU ARE WHAT YOU TOLERATE

Coping Up | Getting Your Sh*t Together Cause No One Will

2 am thoughts : hyattenism