Lost at 24 : What am I doing with my life?
So I'm turning twenty five this year and you know what? I don't have any idea what is going on with my life right now. I feel like a FAILURE sometimes. I feel like I was just breathing to live...
There are times I ask myself, what have you been doing all these years? I don't know, really. But all I have in my mind is that I want freedom, peace and all the stuff that makes me feel alive.
Back when I was in college, I imagined my life to be a young successful independent lady with a house and a car at the age of twenty five. I studied and finished college with awards. Got a job few months after I graduated. But look at me now, I am near to that goal age and I have nothing. Just NOTHING. No savings, no car and no house. All my dreams back then seems to be easy to reach but that's just what I thought. Because as I age, I came to learn and realized that life is not supposed to be all figured out. Why? Because that is how we should live. We live to struggle, to make mistakes, to feel all the pain, to feel confused or depressed, we live to an uncertain path for us to experience all the things life has prepared for us. Wether it is good or bad, we should keep going on that road because if we already knew what's going to happen we might change our plans and not follow the path that supposed to build us up.
That is why I believe that this path I am taking right now might be dark, I know that somewhere along the road I can find the light and who knows maybe I am the light? So, the thing is, even if we don't achieved all the goals or plans we had for years maybe there is something better for us. We just need to trust the process, continue the process and believe in the process. And in that process, you should put your best effort to make it all work out, don't be pressured with somebody else's path, just focus on your own growth and learn to appriciate all the things you have. With that mindset and mentality, life would be easier for you to figure it out.
I love reading your sentiments in life dre. Keep going. <3
ReplyDeleteAw, thanks dre. ✨
Delete